The PEP exam was approved on May 21, 2015, by the governing body of the PCN at their 39 regular meetings. This examination is only for pharmacists who have completed their one-year internship program at any of the PCN accredited hospitals, community pharmacies, pharmaceutical industry, or agency.
It is a necessary step, and only those who passed the exam can register and practice fully in Nigeria. The examination is, therefore, a quality assurance method used by the Pharmacists Council of Nigeria to ensure the standard of pharmacy practice in Nigeria.
PCN is empowered by the PCN Act, CAP P17 LFN 2004 to regulate the pharmacy practice and register eligible and qualified pharmacists. This PEP exam will help them know those who have acquired the required knowledge and experience during the mandatory one-year internship program to practice.
Information about the PEP Exam?
- The PEP exam is for those who completed the online PEP registration through the PCN portal after paying the N20,000 registration fee through Remita or bank.
- During registration, you will be required to fill in personal information such as name, date of birth, address, provisional registration number, certificate of experience number.
- Other required information are your year of graduation, institution, internship center, internship center number.
- Preceptor’s name, number, designation, license number, registration number, year of qualification
- After uploading your passport and registration, go to the email you registered with and print the examination slip. You will need it at the examination center.
- Accreditation usually starts from 8:30 am to 9:30 am at all centers. Examination starts from 10 am
- The examination is strictly a CBT examination comprising of 200 questions to be answered in two hours.
- Come with your face mask and observe COVID 19 protocols such as social distancing at the venue.
- The exam is held at 9 centers in all the six geopolitical zones of the country.
Venues for PEP Exam
- Distance Learning Institute (DLI) Opposite International School, University of Lagos (Lagos State)
- SASCON International School 19A Yedseram Street, Maitama Abuja (Abuja)
- CBT Centre Opposite ABU Gymnasium, Ahmadu Bello University Samaru, Zaria. (Kaduna State)
- University of Ibadan Distance Learning CBT Centre, Off Ajibode Sasa road, Ibadan (Oyo State)
- College of Medicine e-Centre University of Maiduguri, Located at Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, University of Teaching Hospital (Borno State)
- Library Complex , University of Benin Ugbowo Campus, Benin-City (Edo State)
- ICT centre, University of Jos, Permanent Site, by Naraguta Library Jos (Jos State)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe Library, University of Nigeria Nsukka (Enugu State)
- Unit Building ICTC Halls, University of Port-Harcourt (Rivers State)
What is the date of the PEP Exam?
The PEP Exam is organized into two batches. You can take the exam any time between the two cycles. The first one is taken in March and the second one is in October. The exam is an online and Computer Based Test (CBT).
To register for the exam, go to the PCNPEP portal and fill in all the required information.
Pharmchoices is a pharmacy and health-related content blog that focuses on diseases and symptoms, medications, drug interactions, pharmaceutical care, pharmacovigilance, drug therapy problems, and solutions.