A new opening for a Medical Representative at Pfizer.
Full Job Description
Jobs at this level work with some support from managers/colleagues/field trainers. It involves planning and organizing to meet business objectives and will be involved in projects.
Job Type: Full-time
Product Promotion & Sales
- Promote products to designated customers in order to achieve territory plan objectives.
- Build relationships with target customers to enhance knowledge of the territory in order to gain product endorsement and generate sales.
Business Planning and Management
- Diagnosis of territory e.g. local politics, PCG’s, local initiatives leading to subsequent design and implementation of territory business plan to achieve business objectives.
- Coordination with distributor reps to ensure timely pick up and supplies of orders from customers.
- Timely response to customer queries on product / medical information and other activities relating to company and own duties.
- Feedback to team and Head Office of relevant competitor activity or local issues to ensure appropriate action can be taken.
- Competitor knowledge/activities and products, campaigns – key issues identified and fed back.
- Local situations are known e.g. political, formularies, budgets, PCG’s, new developments.
- Parallel trade and fakes report in line with the agreed standards and timelines to the regulatory department.
- Adverse event monitoring and reports.
- Liaise with territory team members to share information, motivate and support team members and therefore contribute to the generation and delivery of the business plan.
- Proactively implement/update personal development plan for current and future roles.
- Ensure territory and administrative systems/processes are maintained and updated to ensure an accurate record of territory is available at all times.
- Good territory management, e.g. sharing/exchanging meetings and appointments.
- Taking on territory team responsibility e.g. minutes at meetings.
- Assistance of new reps to gain quick knowledge of processes and market dynamics as well as reports during the period of field training.
- Receiving and act on feedback from team members, trainer, managers.
- Commit to improvement in It skills through active sharing and learning from other colleagues and supervisors to enhance timely responses to feedbacks and completion of online quizzes and training as required, while minimizing inappropriate usage of company laptop and accessories.
- Good driving skills and adherence to traffic rules to limit cases of vehicle accidents or incidents and maximize maintenance costs.
Accurate and Timely Reports
- Expenses submitted on time.
- Weekly monthly itinerary and clinical meeting plans and preapproval forms. Up-to-date territory records.
Computer literacy e.g. PowerPoint, Excel, Word, outlook etc.
Maintain any company equipment in representatives care.
Security – computer/literature not on display in the car.
Skills, Knowledge; Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biological Sciences; preferably Pharmacy or Medicine.
- Promoted product knowledge. Knowledge of relevant therapeutic areas.
- Basic Information Technology [I T] Knowledge.
- Basic selling skills.
Only candidates who meet the requirement will be shortlisted for an interview. Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.