Fidson Healthcare Plc was established as an indigenous pharmaceutical manufacturing firm in Nigeria in March 1995. However, they did not start manufacturing immediately. The company initially offered local pharmaceutical distribution services in Nigeria.
Fidelis Ayebae is the founder, and the current Chief Executive Officer, of Fidson Healthcare Plc.
Fidson started manufacturing after establishing a local manufacturing plant in July 2002. They achieved a new milestone in March 2005 by becoming the first pharmaceutical company in Sub – Saharan Africa to produce an anti-retroviral drug (ARV).
Fidson transferred their first manufacturing plant to an international venture, leading to the formation of Ecomed Pharma Limited.
They moved to the new manufacturing plant in February 2007, receiving the NIS ISO 9001:2000 certification of its Quality Management System by the Standard Organization of Nigeria (SON) in November the same year. The NIS ISO 9001:2008 Certification was received in 2011.
In 2009, Fidson Healthcare Plc won the Financial Standard Sector Leader Award.
In March 2022, Fidson and another pharmaceuticals, GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) Consumer Nigeria Plc, started a contract manufacturing partnership to boost the local manufacture of healthcare products. This agreement is the second time the two companies partnered. GSK, in April 2019, signed a Contract Manufacturing Agreement with Fidson to manufacture five products for them.
Fidson Share Price
Fidson is one of the few pharmaceutical companies listed on the floor of the Nigeria Exchange Group (NGX) having been listed since 2008. The other pharma companies are GlaxoSmithKline Consumers Nig. Plc, Neimeth International Pharmaceuticals Plc, Morison Industries Plc, May and Baker Nigeria Plc.
Fidson has a share price of about N8, and a stock volume of 113,372 (as of March 2022)
Fidson manufacture and distribute a lot of over-the-counter, and ethical products (requiring prescriptions)
- Fertility: Addyzoa (herbomineral), Vigomax Forte (Withania somnifera, Mucuna pruriens and Tribulus terrestris)
- Anti-malarial – Arthemed (Artemether and Lumefantrine), E-mal (α – β artheether)
- Arthocare (Chondroitin Sulphate, Glucosamine, Methyl Sulphonyl Methane with vitamin E and minerals)
- Cardiovascular drugs – Asomex (Amlodipine besylate)
- Multivitamins, Minerals, Supplements – Astyfer, Astymin, Ferobin, Cestra Once A Day Multi-Nutrient Tablets, Cestra Pregna Multi Tablets, Fidvite (multivitamins), Cestra 50 Plus Once A Day Multi-Nutrient Tablets, M2-Tone (Herbal Supplements for menarche), Extrammune (Herbal Supplement for immunity)
- Analgesics – Zetgel (Diclofenac sodium + Methyl salicylate + Menthol), Avipol (Paracetamol)
- Antibiotics – Zotrim (co-trimoxazole suspension), Tetracycline, Ciprotab, Chloramphenicol, Metrone (Metronidazole), Cefuroxime, Ranicef (Cefdinir)
- Anti-histamines – Histin (chlorpheniramine maleate)
- Antifungals – Tribotan (Clotrimazole + Ichthammol)
- Cough and Colds – Tuxil-D (Ephedrine + Cetirizine + Ammonium Chloride + Sodium Citrate), Tuxil-N (Ephedrine + Chlorphenamine + Ammonium Chloride + Sodium Citrate), Fitulin (Diphenhydramine hydrochloride)
- Hepatoprotectives – Neutrosec (liver supplement with Methionine, Choline, Folic acid, Vitamin B12, Biotin, and other Vitamins)
- Lipid-lowering agents – Avstat (Atorvastatin Calcium)
- Antianxiety Medicines – Somnox (Nitrazepam), Valnox (Diazepam), Calmnox (Bromazepam)
- Antidepressants – Flutex (Fluoxetine)
- Antacid, Indigestion, Ulcer – Gascol (Magaldrate (Hydoxymagnesium Aluminate Complex) and Simeticone), Meprasil (Omeprazole)
Fidson Healthcare Plc Contact Info
Fidson Healthcare plc currently has a workforce of up to 150 medical Sales Representatives, 332 distributors nationwide. They have an ultra-modern WHO Compliant plant in Ota, Ogun State,
The contact address is 268, Ikorodu Road, Obanikoro P. O. Box 7210, Shomolu, Lagos, Nigeria, while the official website is www.fidson.com
Phone: +234 (0) 8077008888, +234 (1) 342 9102