With so much competition for admission into indigenous federal, state and private universities, many Nigerians go to study in Pharmacy in Benin Republic and other African countries.
This is because the admission process is relatively quick, and the duration of education is generally shorter. There is also a relatively stable power supply. The school calendar is smooth, with no hitches, such as the perennial ASUU strike in Nigeria.
The Benin Republic is generally safe, too. According to Legatum Institute, Benin Republic is the 99th safest country and 137th in global education.
For all these advantages, you should also be wary of some complications that might arise from studying in the Benin Republic.
One of the issues is the problem of recognition by the National University Commission (NUC) of some universities in the Benin Republic.
If the institution has issues with NUC regulations, you might actually end up not going for NYSC. It might warrant you starting your tertiary education all over again.
Also, most certificates from Benin Republic schools are considered to be low quality and standard or easily manipulated by some Nigerian institutions. This is because it has been discovered that some students do not actually partake in academic activities.
Some students bribe their way to the end of the course while some do gain admission with falsified papers, and results.
Pharmacy in Benin Republic
If you really want to study Pharmacy in the Benin Republic, you should have some basic requirements such as O Level (WAEC) with at least five credit passes in relevant subjects, Birth Certificate, Passport photo, Medical report, International passport, National Identity card.
The fees figure stands around N434,000 on average. This will cover for admission fee, application fee, acceptance fee, tuition and accommodation. The duration of study is between 3-4 years.
It should be noted that some private universities offer these medical courses in affiliation with some other top institutions in different African countries. Their degree certificate will come from the main institution.
Some schools to study Pharmacy in Benin Republic are:
1. Abomey Calavi University
A number 1 ranked university in the Benin Republic. The university in Abomey Calavi has campuses in Cotonou and Porto-Novo. It is accredited by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research of Benin.
The University’s Faculty of Health Sciences (Université d’Abomey-Calavi Faculté des Sciences de la Santé) offer Medicine and Pharmacy courses. The Doctor of Pharmacy degree is a six-year programme.
2. Université de Parakou, Faculté de Médecine:
Second-ranked University in the Benin Republic according to EduRank. The non-profit university based in Parakou offers Bachelor’s degrees in medical courses like Medicine, Pharmacy and Nursing. This school is another top choice for pharmacy in Benin Republic.
3. The International University of Management and Administration
A University founded in 2010 and based in Cotonou. It is an English-speaking university that offers many management courses, Engineering courses as well as Pharmacy and Nursing.
4. Hill City University, Benin Republic
Hill City University is accredited by the Ministry of Higher Education, Research, Science and Technology in the Benin Republic. The authorization number is also listed on their website.
The university operates on a 3-semester timetable, First Semester (Spring Semester) that runs from January to April, Second Semester (Summer) runs from May to July, and the third semester (Fall) runs from September to December.
The Pharmacy degree is a four-year programme.
A bilingual university started in Cotonou, 2007, the University states that they have the recognition of the National Universities Commission (NUC) and Federal Ministry of Education (FmoE).
*Leadpreneur academy: This academy is accredited to offer both offline, online and programmes. They partner with other top universities n Benin Republic to offer courses such as Pharmacy in Benin Republic.
List of NUC Approved Universities in Benin Republic
In addition to Pharmacy, here is the list of all schools offering many other courses in the Benin Republic and have the recognition of the National Universities Commission (NUC)
- (ESAE) Ecole Supérieure d’Administration et economic, Benin Republic
- Bestower Int’l University, Cotonou Benin Republic
- Ecole Professionelle Specialisee Universite La Cite (EPS) Benin Republic.
- Ecole Supérieure de Gestion et de Technologie (ESGT-Benin)
- Ecole Supérieure de Gestion, d’Informatique et des Sciences (ESGIS)
- Ecole Superieure de Management (ESM) Universite Benin Republic
- Ecole Supérieure Panafricaine de Management Appliquée (ESPAM-FORMATION)
- Ecotes Benin University Benin Republic
- Edexcel University Benin Republic
- ESEP- Le Berger Universite Benin Republic
- Haute Ecole de Gestion et de Technologie (HEGT) University Benin Republic
- Hill-City University Benin republic (HCUB)
- Houdegbe North American University Benin (HNAUB)
- Institut Superieur de Communication D’organization de Management (ISCOM) Benin
- Institut Supérieur des Sciences et Techniques (ISST) University
- Institut Superieure de Management et de Technologies (ISMT) University
- Institute Superieur de Formation professionelle (ISFOP) Benin
- International University of Management and Administration (IUMA)
- ISAO University Benin Republic
- ISM Adonai University Calavi Benin Republic
- Les Cours Sonou University (LCS University) Benin republic
- Poma International Business University (PIBU), Benin Republic
- Regional Institute of Industrial Engineering, Biotechnology and Applied Sciences (IRGIB Africa).
- The University Institute of Benin republic (IUB)
- The University of Science Commerce and Business Administration (ESCAE-COTONOU)
- West African Union University (WAUU) Benin Republic