Taipei Medical University is offering the opportunities for international students to partake in Master Degree (M.Sc) in many medical courses such as Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, Biomedical Engineering, Medical Science and Technology.
The Master Degree programme, which is scheduled to start in late 2022 has already opened the application process. The pharmacy programme has three specialities:
- Master Program in School of Pharmacy
- Master Program in Graduate Institute of Pharmacognosy
- Master Program in Clinical Genomics and Proteomics
Individuals who have obtained an MoE accredited Bachelor degree OR are graduating in 2022 from MoE accredited Bachelor degree programs.
A foreign national who has never held Chinese overseas student status prior to application, and who complies with the Taiwan Ministry of Education (hereinafter referred to as “MoE”), “Regulations Regarding International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan”, and other applicable regulations.
Applicants with evidence of a Bachelor degree accredited by MoE or students graduating in 2022 from MoE accredited Bachelor degree programs. Visit https://bit.ly/2X5K9aI for a list of recognized foreign universities published by the MoE
Length of Stay:
According to Taipei Medical University (hereinafter referred to as “TMU”) regulation, Master programs shall be completed within 1 to 4 years from the initial year of enrollment; however, an approved leave of absence will not be counted towards the total duration of enrollment.
The 2022 admissions process is expected to run as scheduled. Any changes will be announced on the Office of Global Engagement Website: https://oge.tmu.edu.tw/admission. The time listed below is based on the Taiwan Time Zone (GMT+8). Failure to comply with these procedures will result in disqualification automatically.
Application Documents Required:
Submission of the academic certificate and transcript in accordance with the instructions in the ‘Eligibility’ section. Applicants should submit required documents A, B, C and D (as listed below):
- Copy of degree certificate(s) or diploma of academic attainment
- Copy of official transcripts (list of grades and courses) of academic attainment
- The designated documents must be those that are required, according to the admission application qualification, for the degree program of the department you are applying for.
Successful applicants who complete the online confirmation procedure should start preparing required documents A, B and C (as listed below), and have them uploaded to the TMU admission system by the required deadline. It is strongly recommended that you complete this step as soon as possible to avoid a delay in the documents being received resulting in disqualification.
Proof of nationality with English name, date of birth, gender and photo (e.g. passport)
English proficiency (Applicants who are not from an Anglophone country must demonstrate a minimum level of English language proficiency for admission. You will need to satisfy the required competence level for your intended program. We strongly encourage you to take an internationally recognized test and also send your scores electronically from the testing service for us to be considered official. It is important that you use the correct code when sending your official scores to TMU. TOEFL(https://www.ets.org/toefl): Institution Code 3225
IELTS(https://www.ielts.org): Taipei Medical University International Admission
As announced by the Taiwan Representative Office in Vietnam, Vietnamese applicants are required to provide language certification for admission to degree programs and Taiwan visa requirements.
No application fee is charged for international student admission.
How to Apply
- APPLY ONLINE within the application period via the TMU admission system http://ogeadmission.tmu.edu.tw
- Only applications submitted via the TMU admission system will be accepted. Any application or document submitted via email, post or hand-delivered hard copies will not be accepted.
- Please complete all the necessary procedures and submit by the designated deadline. Failure to follow the instructions will result in disqualification automatically.
- Applicants should keep their sign-in email address and password safe and must not disclose to other individuals their log-in details. Email and password are required for updating your personal data and checking the results of admission and scholarship awards.
- Applicants must ensure that they follow the instructions and program-specific requirements accordingly before applying to avoid failing in the application process or disqualification due to any violation of all applicable regulations.
- Each applicant may apply for up to TWO programs. Where an applicant receives more than one admission offer, the applicant must accept ONLY ONE offer before they can proceed to confirmation and enrollment.
Program Specific Requirements:
- Statement of purpose
- Resume and personal statement
- PowerPoint file about your research plan.
- Two recommendation letters in English or Chinese submitted via the online admission system by two independent referrers.
- Supporting materials are optional and may include academic examination scores (GRE, GMAT, Chinese proficiency test, etc.), professional licences, publications or awards.
Language Proficiency Requirements:
Applicants must satisfy one of the following qualifications:
- An English proficiency certificate at CEFR B2 or above, such as TOEFL iBT 71, TOFEL ITP 543, IELTS 5.5, or other equivalent tests.
- Applicants who have had at least 4 years of formal education or work experience in an Anglophone country may provide attendance records as proof of English proficiency.
All interviews take place ONLINE via a virtual meeting platform. Applicants who are selected for the interview by the program(s) for which they have applied will be notified of the date, time and further details through the TMU admission system. In-person interviews or interviews via phone rarely happen in exceptional situations. You will be notified by the program(s) if this is the case.
All submitted documents should be in English or Chinese.
Results Announcement and Confirmation
Applicants can log onto the TMU admission system to check their application and scholarship results at the date and time designated by the University.
Admitted students shall confirm their acceptance through the TMU admission system by the designated deadline. Failure to do so will be deemed as a rejection of the admission and scholarship offer.
Dr. Shwu-Jiuan Lin
Telephone: +886-2736-1661, ext. 6133
- All information contained in this document is available on our official website: https://oge.tmu.edu.tw/admission, and any further updates will also be announced on the website as and when required. Please visit the website and check our messages regularly to make sure that you do not miss any important announcements.
- If the applicant has been expelled from a higher education institution in Taiwan due to one of the following reasons, then they are no longer eligible for enrollment:
- A. having been found in breach of the code of conduct
- B. having failed academically
- C. having been sentenced in a criminal case
For further inquiries, please contact the Office of Global Engagement via E-mail: email@example.com or dial +886-2-2736-1661