Emzor Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd was started by Dr. Stella C. Okoli as a retail chemist shop at number 1 Fola Agoro Street, Abule Ijesha, Yaba, Lagos in 1977. It became an indigenous private pharmaceutical manufacturer in 1984. The company has witnessed tremendous growth since its inception to become one of the biggest pharma in Nigeria, and Africa in general.
Emzor currently has 3 factories, 2 warehouses, and more than 140 different products. The company also has a presence in up to 25 countries.
The company is a member of the Pharmaceutical Manufacturers Group of Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (PMG-MAN), Association of General and Private Medical Practitioners of Nigeria (AGPMPN).
Emzor Pharmaceutical has NAFDAC-GMP certification, Standards Organisation of Nigeria (SON) certification ISO 9001:2008. The company is also certified by the Pharmacists Council of Nigeria.
Emzor has a good number of subsidiaries such as Emzor Hesco Limited, a company that partners with medical equipment manufacturers globally to provide hospital equipment, services, medical consumables.
Another subsidiary of Emzor Pharmaceutical is Zolon Healthcare Limited, manufacturers of specialty products such as Ulsakit, Rekmal, etc.
Frontwave Limited, a procurement company that specializes in supply chain management for pharmaceutical companies is also another subsidiary of Emzor.
Emzor is hoping to manufacture Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) after signing a technology transfer and licensing agreement with Mangalam Drugs and Organics Limited, an Indian Pharmaceuticals. The agreement is focused on manufacturing four major APIs for treating malaria: artemether, lumefantrine, sulfadoxine, and pyrimethamine.
The company fondly call their workforce Wellocrats.
The managing director of Emzor Pharmaceutical is Dr. Stella Okoli, OON, a pharmaprenuer.
Emzor Pharmaceuticals are manufacturers of a wide range of pharmaceutical products (more than 140). Their range of products include:
- Analgesics – Emcap, Emprofen (Ibuprofen), Emzor Paracetamol.
- Anti-malarial – Maldox (sulfadoxine-pyrimethamine) , Lokmal (artemether – Lumefantrine)
- Antibiotics – Emzifix (cefixime), emmox (amoxicillin), emzoclav (amoxicillin – clavulanic acid), erythro, clotrivag (clotrimazole), azithromycin, kezitil (cefuroxime), emcillin (ampicillin), emzoclox (ampicillin – cloxacillin), emtrim (co-trimoxazole), emgyl (metronidazole), emxidine gel (chlorhexidine digluconate)
- Anti-histamines – chlorpheniramine,
- Antitussives (cough) – emzolyn
- Cardiovascular agents – Torvastin (artovastatin), Zoretic (amiloride hydrochloride), metformin, emzovasc (amlodipine), emzipril (lisinopril), emprin (aspirin).
- Gastrointestinal (digestive relief) – zolat chewable (albendazole), Emtrisil (with simethicone), Emzolyte (ORS), Pediatric Zinc Sulphate.
- Haematinics (Blood tonic) – Emzoron capsule
- Vitamins, Supplements, and Nutritionals – Em-Vit-C, Evening Primrose oil, Emvite Multivamin, Em-B-Plex Vitamin B Complex, Glucoboost Vitamin C, Folic acid, Emzor Fresh seas (cod liver oil), Emzor Garlic Oil, Omega-3, Vitamin E, Zoglobin syrup (Iron, amino acids, vitamins), Zoramin syrup (amino acids, vitamins, minerals)
Emzor contact info:
Phone: +234 708 060 6000
Plot 3C, Block A, Aswani Market Road, Oshodi/Osolo Expressway, Lagos State.
14, Kolawole Shonibare street, Ajao Estate, Isolo
2, Osolo Way, Ajao Estate, Lagos
Grace & Faith House, Onitsha /Enugu Expressway, Awka
Ajao 1 Factory
36, Kolex Avenue, Ajao Estate, Lagos
13, Richfield Avenue, Ajao Estate
6 Walpole Street Central business District Free Town Sierra Leone
Ajao 2 Factory
10, Kolawole Shonibare Street, Ajao Estate, Isolo
Zolon Office (Subsidiary)
14, Joy Avenue, Ajao Estate, Lagos
Ash mum / Buchanan Street Intersection Opp New Central Bank of Liberia, Monrovia, Liberia
55/57, Osolo Way, Oshodi/Isolo LGA, Aswani
Emzor Hesco (Subsidiary)
1, Osho Street, Opebi, Ikeja
Sagamu/Benin Expressway, Makun, Sagamu Local Govt, Sagamu